5 Things to help a mate
Here’s some things you can do when you know a mate’s not doing great.
They’re simple things, but not necessarily easy to do. Tough conversations can be hard, but a little awkwardness is worth it to make sure our mates know we care…
- Ask how they’re doing – then ask how they’re really doing.
- Be honest with your own struggles – knowing others go through struggles can help.
- Admit when you’re not sure what to say – often, it’s not what we say, but our willingness to listen, that makes a difference.
- Suggest a mental health professional could help – sharing with others can help us process our thoughts and find a way forward.
- Keep in touch – keep checking in. Knowing others care is really important.