5 Things to Help a Mate
Here’s some ways to help a mate when you know they need a hand.
They’re simple things, but not necessarily easy to do. Finding ways to help a mate can be hard, but tough conversations are worth it to make sure our mates know we care…
- Ask how they’re doing – then ask how they’re really doing.
- Be honest with your own struggles – knowing others go through struggles can help.
- Admit when you’re not sure what to say – often, it’s not what we say, but our willingness to listen, that makes a difference.
- Suggest a mental health professional could help – sharing with others can help us process our thoughts and find a way forward.
- Keep in touch – keep checking in. Knowing others care is really important.
If you’d like to find out more about Outback Futures telehealth, call or text 0417 703 729 to chat or make an appointment. Find our Upcoming Clinics here.